On behalf of the Board of Directors of Tax Executives Institute, I invite you to the premier educational and networking event for corporate tax professionals – TEI’s 72nd Annual Conference: Policy, Practice & Procedure at Home & Abroad, scheduled for October 22-25, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Register now or use the easy-to-complete registration form found on the back of the preliminary program.
Our program this year takes an interdisciplinary and cross-border approach to the technical tax, tax policy, management and technology-focused issues confronted by the in-house tax community around the world. Led by a truly a global instructor cadre of jurists, practitioners and regulators, attendees will find a rich mix of content which directly relates to both their day-to-day roles as well as provides insight into key policy trends and initiatives on the horizon.
The preliminary program is now available.
We are delighted to welcome an outstanding array speakers including the following senior government officials:
- The Honorable Robert Hamilton, Commissioner, Canada Revenue Agenda
- Mike Williams, Director of Business and International Tax, HMRC
- Brian Ernewein, General Director, Tax Policy Branch, Department of Finance
- Pascal Saint Amans, Director, Center for Tax Policy Administation, OECD (invited)
- Doug O’Donnell, Commissioner, Large Business & International Division, Internal Revenue Service
- Lisa Anawati, Deputy Assistant Commissioner, International (Large Business and Investigations Branch) CRA
- Costa Dimitrakopolous, Director General, Canada Revenue Agency
- Sue Murray, Director, Canada Revenue Agency
- Ted Cook, Director, Tax Legislation Division, Department of Finance (invited)
- Trevor McGowan, Senior Legislative Chief, Department of Finance (invited)
- Danielle Laflèche Director General, Excise and GST/HST Rulings Directorate, Canada Revenue Agency (invited)
- Sean Keenan, Director, Sales Tax Division, Department of Finance
- Chief Justice Eugene Rossiter, Tax Court of Canada
- Justice Patrick Boyle, Tax Court of Canada
- Daniel Bourgeois, Deputy Assistant Deputy Minister, Department of Justice
Finally, a couple new features of this year’s event:
- One day registrations: can’t be out of the of office for 3 days? Pick the day or days that offer the best selection of content for your individual needs.
- New tracks, highlighting the interdisciplinary technical tax, tax policy, management and technology-focused content – Direct, Indirect, International, Controversy and Corporate Tax Management
- A festive reception on Tuesday night – a themed, casual social event, and
- AC17.tei.org – your online source for current program/speaker info, planning your visit to Toronto, and general conference details.
And, there will be numerous opportunities for you to meet new colleagues, renew old friendships, and, of course, visit with our sponsors.
We look forward to seeing you in Toronto!
TEI International President